When we say Free Speech is Free Speech, we mean it very literally. As such, we imply:
- All speech is free speech, regardless of its content, tone, popularity, controversy, connotation, bias, motive, intent, satirical value, consequence, opinion, factual weight, etcetera.
- “Hate speech” is a subjective construct used to mark down and undermine speech in opposition to a viewpoint or offensive in nature.
- Due to the overuse of the term “Hate Speech”, the term is useless, and has no impact on the description of speech on this network.
- Although violent or hateful speech is troublesome to most, it is still speech and is protected by the constitution and by our policies.
- Freedom of Speech has no exceptions, caveats, states of being, exterior or interior obligations, terms, conditions or any other form of dependent criteria.
- No person, entity or forces other than nature and death may impede or suspend the Freedom of Speech for any reason.
- Tree of Liberty will not act upon content deemed to be “Offensive”, “Troublesome”, “Hateful”, “Controversial”, “-phobic” or any derivative of justification on this network.
This definition of free speech does not exempt clients from complying with the other policies discussed on this page.